Saturday, April 10, 2010

Day 3 -211

Eleven miles today-beautiful sunshine, perfect temperature.  And I felt really good running despite not sleeping.  The route was a down Broadway to Baxter to Eastern thru Cherokee Park, out to nearly Seneca and back.  The hills that normally kill me felt really good.  I had a good running partner, Margaret, from my running group.  We met at the entrance to the park and she stayed with me the rest of the way.

My usual back pain started up around mile 8 or so.  It starts dull in my upper left shoulder and feels more of a musculature pain, than a bone or a joint.  It gets pretty numbing, and I can hardly turn my head.  I usually spend the last part of my run stretching my arms over my head or massaging the spot.  I need to get a handle on it.
Despite that, I had a great run and a great morning.  And the icing on the cake was the statue of Martin Luther outside the Lutheran church on Broadway with sequined bunny ears atop his head.

No comments:

Post a Comment