Saturday, April 17, 2010

day 10- 204 days

Today was gorgeous- six miles down to waterfront park, past the hotdog/elephant ear/cotton candy vendors.  We ran past Cake Flour and the Bodega.  At the corner of Main and Guthrie, we came upon the Krispy Kreme donut truck.  I think we were hungry, and I'm sure I wasn't the only one thinking about a pit stop, or at least a drive by after the run.  I was probably the only one fantasizing about carjacking the donut truck.  I ran with a small group, officially met and chatted with Brenna, really nice girl.  We are both former smokers.  She told me her ex husband told her she would never be able to quit smoking, so she did and joined the running group.  Good for her!  I think that is the best motivation or reverse psychology or something.  Telling me I couldn't do something just makes me want to do it more, want to prove you wrong.  I really want someone to tell me I will never be able to give up sweets, or I will never be able to quit biting my nails.

I need people to tell me I will never finish this marathon.

No comments:

Post a Comment