Saturday, July 10, 2010

First day of training- July 10

From 831 E. Chestnut, right on Liberty cross Baxter to Lexington-left on Spring to the Bear Grass Creek trail, enter Cherokee Park, up the big hill exit at Eastern parkway right on Bardstown Rd to Broadway then home.  5.25 miles.
Keith came over this morning and ran with me.  I appreciate his slowing his pace to run with me.  I would have stopped a few times more if he hadn't been there.  Other than the heat, it was a good run, but we may want to try an hour earlier.
We talked about our paranoia of after all this planning and preparation, what happens if we wake up in the morning with a stomach ache or headache or worse, or we suffer an injury before or during the race.  I guess you cant plan for everything.  I also worry about, well 26 miles!!!   I will just have to do my best.

No comments:

Post a Comment